Cookies and photography, sure why not. I have been wanting to take a stab a food photography for awhile but have not had enough time to really commit. Well finally last weekend we had ZERO hockey.. which was lovely. So Juliette and I made some gluten free cookies. I do NOT and can NOT bake, so we searched for something easy to follow and this is what we found…..
Side note: Food photography is not easy… so to all those out there rocking it…. well done!
Chocolate chip cookies
2 cups quinoa flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
1 1/4 cups dark brown sugar or coconut sugar
1 egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips (I use dark chocolate)
course sea salt, for sprinkling
2. Place flour in large skillet over low heat. Stir frequently to toast the quinoa flour for 10-15 mins then remove from heat.
3. In large bowl whisk together quinoa flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
4. In the electric bowl beat together melted coconut oil brown sugar until smooth. Add in egg, egg yolk and vanilla; beat again for 2 minutes, until smooth and creamy
5. Add in flour; and mix on low until combined, slowly add chocolate chips.
6. Roll dough into 1″ balls and place on the cookie sheet 2″ apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes our until edges turn golden brown.
7. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Let them cool because it needs to set; then transfer to cooling rack.